Senior Staff Software Engineer at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Ankeny
Function: Information Technology
Title: Senior Staff Software Engineer
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer for John Deere located in Des Moines, IA , working in John Deere's Digital Foundry, you will....
- Work in and with our product teams leveraging systems thinking, visualizing value streams, identifying constraints to improve flow of value, quality and feedback.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, drive a culture of customer centric thinking, experimentation and continuous learning.
- Coach / Mentor software engineers, product owners, scrum masters and engineering managers on agile and engineering practices.
- Coach / Mentor organization leaders regarding thought leadership, software engineering strategies, organizational team structures.
What Skills You Need
- 4+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 4+ years of experience with lean development principles and engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, Pair Programming, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Value Stream Maps, Design Thinking methodology
- 2+ years of experience working with software development patterns and designing / implementing loose coupled architectures
What Makes You Stand Out
- Being an advocate in agile and engineering communities
- Working with purchased software. Customization / Configuration (i.e. ERP systems)
- Passionate about software quality and improving the design / development process
- Staying current on modern technologies and practices.
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
- Product Discovery and/or Product Coach experience
- Experience implementing Design Thinking methodology, mission model canvas, lean canvas, business model canvas, etc
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Technology/IT discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.