Senior Staff Software Engineer, Client Engagement or Revenue Management at Ridgeline (Remote)
As a Ridgeline Senior Staff Software Engineer, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build high-quality, creative business applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own genius, passion, and interests to the software development lifecycle.
As one of Ridgeline's first 400 employees, you will help shape our culture, make a big impact on a small team, and learn what it takes to build a successful company. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an industry primed for change.
This role can be can be remote.
- Contribute business insight, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Be involved in the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new product
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Participate in the creation and construction of developer-based automation that leads to scalable, high-quality applications customers will depend on to run their businesses
- Coach, mentor, and inspire teams of product engineers that are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
- Demonstrate a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration/component tests and workflows
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years in a software engineering position or similar function, with a history of architecting and designing new products and technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Mastery of data structures, algorithms, and architectural patterns
- Expertise in one or more of the following languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Willingness to learn about new technologies while simultaneously developing expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and all audiences
- Serious interest in having fun at work
- Experience building responsive Web interfaces using frameworks such as React and Redux
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Background in design, economics, or business
Ridgeline is the industry cloud platform for investment management. It was founded in 2017 by visionary tech entrepreneur Dave Duffield (co-founder of both PeopleSoft and Workday) to apply his successful formula of solving operational business challenges with bold innovation and human connectivity to the unique needs of the investment management industry.
Ridgeline started with a clean sheet of paper and a deep bench of experts bound by a set of core values and motivated to revolutionize an industry underserved by its current tech offerings. We are building a new, modern platform in the public cloud, purpose-built for the investment management industry and we are prioritizing security, agility, and usability to empower business like never before.
Headquartered in Lake Tahoe with offices in Reno, NV and Manhattan, Ridgeline is proud to have built a fast-growing, people-first company that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, Glassdoor, and Northern Nevada as a “Best Place to Work” and by LinkedIn as a “Top U.S. Startup.”
Ridgeline is a community-minded, discrimination-free equal opportunity workplace.
Ridgeline processes the information you submit in connection with your application in accordance with the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement. Please review the Ridgeline Applicant Privacy Statement in full to understand our privacy practices and contact us with any questions.
Ridgeline requires all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, consistent with applicable law. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact Ridgeline to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Ridgeline is able to offer.