Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our team. SoFi Money allows its members to Save & Spend in ways that help them achieve their financial independence. We are rethinking how we can enable everyone to manage their money better including handling debit card transactions, fraud detection, machine learning driven growth initiatives & transaction level insights to members, faster and seamless money movement and tackle scale issues.
The team is witnessing phenomenal growth and we are investing heavily into how we shape our technology stack for future growth. To achieve this goal, the team is developing new cloud services and we are looking for engineers who can bring fresh perspectives, thought leadership and help us scale for the future. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker.
What you’ll do:
- Design and deliver resilient and scalable systems
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision
- Participating in code reviews, drive design reviews
- Generating ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Creating best practices and mentoring other engineers on these best practices
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts with outside stakeholders in product marketing, operations, business, legal, and compliance
- Working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment across multiple offices
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years experience developing at-scale back-end applications
- 3+ years experience developing front-end applications - Our core stack is React and Flutter
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Agile software development experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
Nice to have:
- Experience with or exposure to native iOS and Android development
- Experience with or exposure to Flutter
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and local legal requirements, effective on August 17, 2022, employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from, travel to, or attend work related meetings in our NYC office.The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.New York applicants: Notice of Employee RightsSoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected]Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.