Senior Staff Architect at John Deere (Des Moines, IA)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Senior Staff Architect - 89640
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
- Design data pipelines that can process, index and store large amounts of agronomic and machine data for use in John Deere's Operations Center and Analytics environments
- Evaluate new technologies that are capable of processing and indexing data at petabyte scale
- Build proofs of concept (PoCs) to help evaluate system design tradeoffs
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure technical alignment across the Data Platform system
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years of experience designing/building software using a major programming language like C++, Java, Scala or Python
- 3+ years of experience designing/building distributed, big-data systems
- 3+ years of experience designing systems that run on external cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or Google
- 1+ years of experience with real-time stream data processing frameworks: Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with Apache Spark or Databricks
- Experience building and deploying production machine learning models
- Experience leading a team using agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.