Senior Software Site Reliability Engineer at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The SiteOps Engineering team ensures reliability for the Credit Karma ecosystem, both Native and Web. The team combines excellent incident and problem management to facilitate troubleshooting and continuous improvement. The team also develops automation and AI capabilities to ensure minimum toil across the engineering organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering. As a Senior SRE, you will be a technical leader for the team and Credit Karma Platform Engineering. You will help evolve our technology through automation, reliable architecture and help increase velocity by collaborating across engineering to facilitate adoption.
What you’ll do:
- Lead essential incidents in our environment with a focus on troubleshooting and fast restoration of our essential services.
- Assist engineering teams by conducting truly blameless post mortems with focused action items to drive improvement.
- Provide insights on trends on issues affecting reliability and partner in cross functional projects to provide scalable solutions.
- Review high risk platform changes to minimize impact to the site.
- Work within a large distributed system based on Kubernetes and Google Cloud services.
- Maintain an automation-centric vision and incorporate SRE methodologies to increase reliability and decrease toil.
- Participate in technical design and architecture decisions and contribute to technical troubleshooting in various parts of the system.
What’s great about the role:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to an extremely engineering-focused organization.
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on Credit Karma's members and your fellow Karmanauts (that's what we call ourselves).
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma.
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of forward-looking technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, New Relic, Telegraf, Splunk, etc.
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it – it's part of our culture.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about.
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 7+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment in a NOC or DevOps in a continuous release environment.
- Experience in running critical incidents from a technical leadership position.
- Experience with Computer Engineering with a focus on Infrastructure, Platform, and Application (Cloud, Containerization, Container orchestration, Network, Application Reliability, Database Architecture) and an understanding of full stack and the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Experience running and monitoring applications at scale, using metrics and tracing tools like Prometheus, Influx, Grafana, New Relic, Data Dog, Stackdriver, Zipkin, etc.
- Professional experience with Python, Go, or similar programming languages.
- Experience developing production quality tooling.
- Familiarity with SRE methodologies; passionate about solving operational challenges by using automation and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization through demonstrating written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive troubleshooting through a pragmatic and collaborative approach.
- Can construct clear and concise insights from data to promote measurable improvements.
- Advanced experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Mesos,
- Experience working in a Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure,
- Software Service development with additional languages (eg. Scala, Typescript, JS, Java, C++,).
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)