At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.About the team:
You will join the MR firmware QA team that is fully embedded within Software Engineering. The QA team builds and runs any and all software and hardware tests to ensure that new releases meet our quality and reliability standards. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a Senior QA Automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are! Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business. Meraki engineers put customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.As a Technical Leader, Automation Engineer you will focus on the following:
- Grow and scale the existing automation framework to support complex testing scenarios and cross-team integrations
- Work closely with software developers and functional test engineers to automate testbeds end to end from automating configuration of test devices, to running tests through Jenkins jobs, all the way to getting a UI page with pass/fail metric to display test results for analysis
- Identify and take ownership of areas to make the framework more flexible and re-usable with an eye on object oriented design
- Maintain and enhance the internal test analysis UI dashboard - add UI pages for new test results analysis
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance in scoping out their projects
- Collaborate with other engineers across product teams to continually improve our testing practices while being comfortable with fast changing priorities
- Provide technical leadership to the larger MR team: weighing in on testing and quality priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
- Have a BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent amount of related experience
- Have 10+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance with a focus on test automation
- Have expert level knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
- Have hands-on experience designing, implementing and scaling Automated test frameworks
- Experience with building or maintaining Web Frameworks, Microservices and APIs
- Have strong computer networking knowledge (IPv4, TCP, UDP, VLAN, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, etc)
- Have Agile development and CI/CD experience
- Using development infrastructure tools, such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, JIRA
- WiFi protocol knowledge (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, etc)
- Have experience in analyzing Wireshark packet captures to troubleshoot issues
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose and Chicago. All locations offer a generous benefits package.#LIRemote
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.