Senior Software programmer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer you could work with bleeding edge technology as you build innovative fintech products that change the way the world pays, banks, and invests. This will involve developing core versions of software applications, identifying client requirements and technical specifications, interacting with engineering groups and training clients on applications.
What you will be doing:• Designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements.• Interacting with product managers and users to define requirements and modifications.• Participating in software design meetings to determine technical requirements.• Working with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams.
What you will need:
* Experience with end-to-end systems development life cycles and standards.
* Knowledge of financial industry practices, regulations and operations.
* Fluency in sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
* Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines.
* A bachelor's in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Ability to work independently and possess a passion for problem solving
* A desire to continually improve his/her technical skills and ability to adapt quickly
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with front-end (UX) design/development
* Experience with object-oriented programming analysis and design
* Experience with XML and XSLT
* Experience in designing/creating SQL and experience with relational databases
* Experience with UNIX or scripting languages, e.g. PERL
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
• A voice in the future of fintech• Always-on learning and development• Collaborative work environment• Opportunities to give back• Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.