Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You and the Role
Zipline is looking for a Senior Software Integration Engineer to advance our testing capabilities. You will work with a variety of software disciplines as well as electrical and mechanical engineers to identify and provide test coverage for interfaces in the boundaries between technologies. You will also work closely with flight operators and release management to help identify gaps in our end-to-end software testing, and drive the team to close those gaps.
At Zipline, our customers depend on us to provide a lifesaving service that works 24/7. The system you integrate coordinates with autonomous aircraft that fly more than 20,000 km daily over towns and into cities, requiring a high level of rigor.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze results and cover gaps in test coverage between interfacing technologies for Zipline’s aircraft, ground control, and software services
- Identify and implement new capabilities for existing test systems with both Hardware and Software
- Review and execute comprehensive test plans for Zipline’s software systems
- Design cross-functional integration tests in collaboration with different software teams
- Assess our end-to-end software testing process and identify gaps and potential mitigations
- Work with operational teams to develop and execute product-level integration tests
- Triage and fix issues that affect test system stability in collaboration with other engineers
- Assist regulatory teams defining and attaining regulatory compliance
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional work experience, including specific validation and integration experience
- Python development experience - our hardware-in-the-loop framework and other test systems are written in Python
- Experience building and maintaining integration test systems
- A meticulous attitude towards testing, validation, and rollout of safety-critical software
- C/C++ development experience - for reading, debugging, refactoring software is a plus
- Aerospace relevant engineering experience is a plus, but not required
What else you'll need to know:
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!