Senior Software Engineering Manager at FM:Systems (Raleigh, NC)
FM:Systems provides workplace management technology and solutions that enable facility and real estate teams to identify, plan, and deliver the ideal workplace for every employee. Our broad solutions portfolio of software and hardware, specializing in space management and optimization, assets and maintenance, strategic real estate planning, resource scheduling, as well as projects and sustainability, empowers our clients to gain insight into how their facility space is performing, how they enhance efficiency and create an employee-centric workplace.
At FM:Systems, we have 3 guiding values around what we believe and how we behave 1) do the right thing, 2) act with urgency, and 3) cultivate a culture of excellence and accountability. We aim to offer our clients an exceptional experience with every interaction, foster innovation, and invest in our people. We provide a flexible work environment with an open time-off policy, internal mobility, and growth opportunities. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, monthly company updates with our CEO, virtual events, and more. If you’re ready to join a company that prioritizes their employees, apply today!
- Manage two or more development teams providing objectives, guidance, training, and performance feedback
- Work with other leaders to provide an engaging work environment where our staff can grow and be highly effective
- Create a culture that strives to continually raise the bar for quality, accountability, delivery, and a bias for action
- Manage day to day development activities, coordinating with product managers, product owners, architects, and others to enable the team to achieve the right outcomes.
- Coordinate with each team’s technical leaders as well as internal and external partners to ensure outstanding communication and team preparedness
- Participate in iterative process improvements around design, implementation, and testing to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality leading to achieving desired outcomes
- Ensure the development teams deliver the right functionality right from UI to middleware/API to database.
- Actively participate in our evaluation and long-term implementation of technology enhancements
- Provide oversight on the architecture and design of our applications that enable implementation of solid solutions
- Work with the team to ensure appropriate SDLC processes are followed.
- Ensure quality, performance, usability, and maintainability are built into our solutions at the right balance
- Work with other technical leaders to ensure consistency across our applications and development processes
- Communicate and coordinate effectively as a technical leader across our technology teams and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities
- Mentor engineers and encourage engineering best practices
- Actively participate in the hiring process
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years managing large scale engineering teams to delivery high quality products on time
- Strong ability to technically coach engineers while helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Aptitude to successfully interface with business stakeholders and engineers to deliver the right solution that balances product, quality, technical, and timeline requirements
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience developing in the .NET framework (e.g. C#, VB, or ASP.NET, Web API, etc)
- Significant experience as a hands-on technical lead over a SaaS application
- Experience producing designs to represent solutions to product and customer needs
- Experience with deployment methodologies and tooling such as CI/CD, Octopus
- Database development experience
- A history of successfully leading teams to implement appropriate software development patterns and best practices to produce elegant, maintainable technology deliverables
- Demonstrated skills to assist teams with problem solving and technical debugging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter with an acute sense of ownership and the ability, passion, creativity, and confidence to independently problem solve and produce results
- Strong history of moving quality to the left
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires context switching and juggling many balls simultaneously
- Experience working with Agile development practices
- .NET Core development experience
- Experience with ASP Classic
- MS SQL experience
- Working knowledge of API authorization and authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OpenId Connect
- Experience building and consuming micro-frontend components
- Experience with RESTful APIs and microservice architecture
- Experience developing mobile applications (e.g. ReactNative)
- Strong experience with implementing unit tests
- Familiarity with modern test tools, technologies, and analytics
- Experience using Git or GitHub
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
FM:Systems is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, present, current or prospective military/uniformed service, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful.