A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a high performing and passionate team focused on taking our flagship game asset exchange "Immutable X" to as many players and gamers as possible. You'll help them build innovative growth features and incentive schemes to maximise this expansion. You'll have a lot of flexibility in terms of tools, technology and architecture: most of your goals will be product-driven rather than tech-driven.
You will play an integral part in the Immutable X product, personally working on both frontend and backend features, but you will also be involved in product design and development. You'll help the team estimate, prioritise and scope features, and contribute to product discussions at all stages of development.
If you're looking to work on a fun and iterative product, in a small yet diverse team, with a great deal of independence, then this role is for you.
You will have the opportunity to:
- To upskill in blockchain development with tools like Solidity and Cairo
- Work across a range of technologies in a flexible, fluid environment
- Be part of a collaborative team environment
- Participate in team planning and product design sessions
- Help estimate and prioritise proposed features
- Iterate features quickly in response to customer feedback
- Take ownership of any problems faced by the team, and work effectively to resolve them
- Create tools that allow other teams to scale up
- Mentor and guide other engineers
- Work in a specific squad where you will get to change and impact the way we do things for example - Primitives, Protocol/Tokens, Mainstream, Core Engineering, Crypto Developers, Marketplace, Wallets
We would love you to have:
- 5-8 + years of deep engineering experience as a full-stack developer
- Frontend skills - Angular 2+, React, CSS/SASS
- Backend skills - Golang or Node.js (with Typescript), Python, Postgresql
- Architecture skill - SOA or Microservices
- Infrastructure skills - AWS, Github Actions and Shippable
- Exposure to DevOps best practices and principals
- The ability to work comfortably across a range of technologies
- Previously worked in a multifaceted Restful API environment and event-driven architecture
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices such as Clean Code / SOLID principles
- Passion to deliver a fantastic product to our users
- Effective communication skills, to allow you to work more smartly and efficiently with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in start-up/scale-up and enterprise environments across Product and SaaS
- Blockchain interests - could be development experience (Solidity, Cairo or similar tools), user experience or even academic interest
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X Platform team where you will help build out our Immutable X Platform. As engineers at Immutable, we aspire to create an engineering culture that is world-class in every respect. A culture that means Immutable is known as a place where the best people do amazing work and one that consistently and sustainably delivers business outcomes. While working at Immutable you will have the opportunity to work in one of our many squads - Primitives, Protocols/Tokens, Mainstream, Crypto Developers, Marketplace, Wallets, and Core Engineering.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we have a REMOTE first approach, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
Read Full Job Description