CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020 & 2021. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 7 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Software Engineer on the CCC Consumer team will be responsible for executing the design and development of existing and new consumer facing application software and related application components. He or she should understand the application and database design, will work both independently and closely with product owner and other developers through the design, development and testing activities. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and may have dedicated responsibilities for one or more product features.
- Ability to understand the architecture and technical design of application components.
- Hands-on technical development of complex application features, both frontend and backend.
- Ensure code quality and that testing guidelines are met.
- Ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change / improvements.
- Ensure on-time delivery of software components to production, within their responsibilities.
- Collaboratewith product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and understand and follow best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters.
- Workwith Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Presentand defendarchitectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development with hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understanding business object modeling, data modeling and application architecture.
- Experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies.
- Experience in a pattern-based approach to software design. Good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or Hudson.
- Some experience with building scalable platforms.
- Experience working on relational databases and applications servers, like Oracle, Weblogic or similar ones.
- Experience with performance tuning activities.
- Preferably, some understanding of AWS, Docker & Kubernetes, Microservices and related architecture.
- Able to interact comfortably with other developers, within and across teams.
- Completely hands-on with coding and can demonstrate high level of problem solving.
- Proactive and detail oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and apply own initiative.
- Quality-oriented with focus on product delivery