The mission is clear. To improve the financial health of working families in America. Brightside is an employee benefit with a brand-new approach to personal finance. We offer unique solutions for employees & their families who need help with anything related to their finances and the emotions and behaviors that can impact them. We take a holistic view to provide unbiased and confidential assistance through an unmatched blend of products, technology and true human care. Our goal is to make it easier for our clients to understand their options to obtain long-term financial health and gain peace of mind when it comes to financial matters.
A bit about this role:
You will be working as part of a small and dedicated team in a casual non-corporate work environment. Free thinking and collaboration is highly encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work independently and with the support of the rest of the team. We’re looking for someone to express their creative side and contribute directly to the overall look and feel of the application - we want the user experience to be awesome. You’ll build your skills as a senior software engineer and enjoy the rewarding experience of seeing your efforts impacting client’s financial health.
The meaningful work you will tackle:
- Work with Product Owners, QA and peer developers to deliver solutions with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Own delivery of the product features and take pride in your implementation.
- Assist in advanced technical issues and help managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence on the core platform teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Evangelize performance, scalability, and engineering best practices across the team.
- Stay current with related industry trends and technologies to recommend enhancements or changes..
What we’re looking for in your background & what makes you a success:
- 5+ years minimum professional experience building software platform & integrations
- 5+ years minimum professional experience with one of the languages - Java, Nodejs, Python
- 2+ years minimum professional experience with cloud platforms(AWS preferred)
- 5+ years minimum professional experience with database technologies - SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Salesforce, big data technologies, full stack development is preferred.
- You have the ability to work independently but also to collaborate as part of a larger team
- You’re self-motivated, a problem solver and result focussed.
- Giving & receiving meaningful feedback is part of our growth mind set & culture - both are in your wheelhouse
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related engineering field OR extensive relevant work experience
Employee Benefits at Brightside:
- A safe, fun, remote & inclusive work environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Time Off, Company Holidays, Days of Service
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Parental Leave
- To be in an environment to learn and grow your own financial wellness
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
Brightside is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.