Our mission is to deliver high-quality primary care that is accessible, convenient and affordable for all. Every single day you’ll be working on challenging problems with an exceptional team to profoundly transform primary care and improve people’s quality of life.
This role allows you to work from anywhere you choose across the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories), with the flexibility to work from the Seattle HQ office as often as you’d like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 10 am to 4 pm PT Monday through Friday.
Your Role and Impact
As a Senior Software Engineer at 98point6, you'll have the opportunity to align with highly collaborative teams who are motivated and passionate about company missions. While partnering with engineers across disciplines, including front-end, mobile, quality, systems and data engineering, as well as data science, you’ll collaborate with diverse teams such as Product, UX Design & Research, Marketing and Clinic Operations. You’ll gain experience working with serverless components and leverage a variety of technologies across AWS, from traditional common Java technologies to Rest APIs.
- Collaborate with a product engineering team to create high-performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Participate in, as well as lead code and design reviews, ensuring the quality of both deliverables
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to prioritize and ensure we make positive trade-offs in how we deliver features
- Manage a production application that patients, doctors and clinical staff rely on
- Grow and mentor more junior engineers
- Develop and improve team best practices for coding and design
- 5+ years experience designing and coding in Java, C++, C#, Ruby or Python for production commercial services that operate on the public internet
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS or any other cloud providers
- Knowledge and prior use of AWS services and tools, including Lambda, DynamoDB and CDK
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices and tools
- Experience scaling systems to a high volume of customers and end users
- A high level of ownership, flexibility and self-direction
- Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
98point6 provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status.