Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build the best cloud software for businesses using a market leading development cloud platform
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Collaborate daily with a team of like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers using agile software development methodology.
- Master new areas and take ownership of features that matter to our customers.
- Work in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years Hands-on experience developing software.
- Knows how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements and arrives at optimal solutions
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns and object-oriented design
- Is comfortable in writing scalable, robust and modularized code.
- Experience in Web technologies such as HTML/CSS/JQuery, JSON, AJAX, XML
- Experience in database technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Experience building REST/SOAP based APIs.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Has high coding standards & can maintain them even under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with Service Now Service Management or Platform (desirable)
- Understand Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/ Partner Relationship Management (PRM)/ Marketing domains (desirable).
- Has a Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.