Senior Software Engineer at Okta
Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Universal Directory (UD) engineering team that builds common services for identity management, onboarding and syncing users, groups, memberships and entitlements. These features allow customers the flexibility to link or enhance their business processes with Okta’s identity management product. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Participate and drive all stages of the SDLC lifecycle of software development
- Work with senior engineering team in major development projects, design and implementation
- Provide guidance on technology choices, industry best practices and patterns
- Interface with Architects, QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services, Tech Ops
- Strong Hands on coding experience with 6+ in an object-oriented language
- 3 years of technical design or similar experience
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Experience with working with Relational Databases, ideally MySQL
Nice to have skills:
- Software development experience in Java
- Experience with ORM tools such as Hibernate.
- Experience working with user data stores such as AD and LDAP
- Knowledge/experience about workflow and business process modeling system
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree majoring in computer science