Senior Software Engineer at Invitae (Remote)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to help us achieve our mission. We are a multi-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take substantial amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
What you'll do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs
- Write structured, tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow
What you bring:
- Proven experience with full-stack architecture and distributed systems
- Deep experience in backend or frontend frameworks such as Python/Django, TypeScript/React, Scala/Play, or Kotlin/Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.). Tuning and query optimization preferred.
- Top-notch interpersonal skills
- A mission-oriented mindset and a desire to never stop learning
- Preferred: Experience with distributed teams
At Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been crafted to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.