Senior Software Engineer at Navigating Cancer
At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for the following role:
We're looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join the Applications development team! We build robust patient- and clinic-facing tools that aim to improve the patient experience throughout their cancer treatment.
- A compassionate mentor who loves to teach and learn from others
- You excel with soft skills and communication which makes you very effective in a highly collaborative team environments
- A strong collaborator with non-engineering team members
- Finds simple, scalable solutions to complex problems
- Your a strong advocate for continuous improvement, code quality, and software craftsmanship.
- You practice agile development principles – continuous improvement, incremental and continuous delivery, etc.
- No matter how long you've been doing this, you strive to improve as a software craftsman
- 5 years developing with Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of MySQL and Postgres relational databases.
- Experience building RESTful API with Swagger
- Experience with HAML/CoffeeScript, React, Backbon.js, jQuery
- GitFlow / Git
- Experienced scaling and tuning multi-tenant web applications
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- You have a bias for action, and experienced making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Curious and flexible -- someone who wants to sink their teeth into every aspect of the application
- You want to develop deep knowledge about the health care industry and its technology
- Ideally, you have participated in open source projects
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time 100% remote with the option to come into the Seattle corporate office on a voluntary basis for local employees.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Flexible Work From Anywhere policy
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- Bi-Annual Hackathons
- Educational stipend
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.