At Pluralsight, we are crafting the next generation of engineering insights solutions for high-impact teams to optimize delivery.
Are you a flexible, full-stack developer who enjoys diving into new challenges every day? We are looking for outstanding developers who work well on a team and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. You will be joining the team that works on the administration and setup portion of the Flow application and will have a meaningful impact from day one. We are fully remote so effective communication is key to our success!
Who you're committed to being
- A builder with a curious mind and exceptional attention to detail, who loves crafting outstanding software
- A pro-active problem solver who cares about the customer and always finds a way around obstacles
- A life-long learner who views every experience as an opportunity to grow and improve
- A teammate who values psychological safety, welfare, and the success of your team and the entire organization
- Someone who values the contributions of those around you and embraces opportunities to let other team members lead and make decisions
- A person with a sense of humor. We work hard, but we like to keep things light.
What you'll do
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency, secure applications for our customers, that deliver high-availability and performance
- Ensure designs meet specifications and are elegantly crafted, testable, and efficient
- Regularly provide valuable engineering leadership
- Continue to learn new technologies and grow to meet the needs of evolving projects
Your work experience
- You have 8+ years of commercial experience in building scalable, enterprise-grade applications with a history of writing clean, testable code
- You have been building and deploying web applications from start to finish, as well as APIs for internal and external consumption
- You have a solid understanding of test automation, continuous integration and deployment concepts and tools
Your technology experience
- You are able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Python AND preferably Java
- You have a good working knowledge of Relational Databases (preferably Postgres) and ORMs and SQL
- You understand issues surrounding security, authentication, and session management
- You care about code quality and have experience developing unit tests using standard automation frameworks, such as pytest. You should also have experience using mock objects. We highly value well tested code!
- You have some experience with Docker and concepts related to containerization
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science preferred
Bonus points for experience with or an eagerness to learn:
- Development public facing APIs
- Development on Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Kubernetes and/or Helm
- Automated front-end testing frameworks such as Cypress
- Messaging middleware such as RabbitMQ
- CI/CD pipelines