Senior Software Engineer
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
As a Senior Software Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will play a key role in enhancing our cloud-hosted, multi-tenant Education Technology platform. You will develop highly scalable software application components using Java and database technologies.
Why join this team:
You’ll build award-winning software used by millions of students and educators. Join a team of talented engineers working together to solve complex problems using state of the art technology.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will impact millions of K-12 students with your contributions to our award-winning software service
- Work closely with your agile team members to refine requirements and create technical designs
- Troubleshoot and solve challenging application and infrastructure problems
- Develop automated unit tests and integration tests to accompany all application code authored by you
- Partner effectively with all team members in delivery against commitments
- Work with a wide variety of AWS technologies
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and have a track record of achievements that demonstrate great results
- 5+ years of proven commercial software development experience using Java/J2EE technologies
- 5+ years of experience working with Spring, Hibernate, and other open-source java frameworks
- 3+ years of experience working with databases, including schema design and query optimization
- You care about quality, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- You develop automated tests and conduct code reviews to ensure software quality
- You practice strong written and verbal communication within and across teams
- You work well in an agile environment and are committed to team success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with educational software
More about this role:
Location: This role will be performed remotely from Greensboro, NC until we open our office in that location. This team uses CA’s Flexible Work Approach, which enables employees on office based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week. For employees who don’t have the space or the desire to work remotely 3 days per week, CA also offers a 4+ days/week in-office option.
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K