Senior Software Engineer at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
This is a full-time position based out of our Oakland office.
- Java11, JUnit4
- Docker and Kubernetes
- AWS, GCP
- Bazel, Circle CI
- Develop a deep expertise of Fivetran’s Product, Infrastructure and Platform
- Build and share proof of concepts for project proposals and ideas.
- Develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation that would help maximize Fivetran product’s quality.
- Improve existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Fivetran Back-end, API and UI needs
- Support software development test engineers through training, mentoring and problem solving.
- Actively engage with fellow engineers to ensure we are delivering tools that make their lives easier for product development teams.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- Work with cross-functional teams (QA, Developers, Product, SRE) in test automation activities across the organization.
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry with passion for quality and automation
- Extensive software engineering foundations and experience designing and developing automation and reporting frameworks for backend and front-end from scratch leveraging industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Hands-on experience working with AWS (EC2, EBS, NLB, Route53, etc.) & containerization methodologies like docker, K8s
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like CircleCI/Jenkins
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.