Senior Software Engineer at Hermeus (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our GNC and Flight Software team. The scope of the position is to accelerate the team's progress by creating data analysis tools, automating tasks, and leveraging cloud environments and databases. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software applications that will improve the team's efficiency, accuracy, and speed.
- Collaborate with the GNC and Flight Software team to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to enhance team productivity.
- Design and develop data analysis tools and frameworks to enable the team to extract insights from large data sets.
- Create automated workflows for repetitive tasks, such as data processing and software testing, to reduce manual labor and increase efficiency.
- Develop cloud-based software applications to enable the team to access and share data across multiple platforms.
- Design and maintain databases to store and organize data for easy access and retrieval.
- Ensure that software development practices are in compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on data analysis, automation, and cloud-based applications.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Python, R, or MATLAB.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Java, C++, or Python.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are passionate about software development and aviation, and want to work in a dynamic startup environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.
More Information on Hermeus
Hermeus operates in the 3D Printing industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA and D.C., DC. Hermeus was founded in 2018. It has 145 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with nonprofits, Open door policy, OKR operational model, Team based strategic planning and Open office floor plan. To see all 38 open jobs at Hermeus, click here.
Read Full Job Description