Join a small data engineering team building a big impact product. We’re looking for a great software engineer to help us design and implement software that turns terabytes of raw data into attractive and actionable business insights for global media and enterprise brands. You’ll have the opportunity to build the first versions of many parts of our data processing and microservice architecture and make a dramatic impact for some of the biggest brands in the world and their millions of viewers.
Technologies We’re Using
- Our client layer is primarily built with ReactJS and sophisticated charting libraries
- Our data pipeline leverages big data technologies like Presto, Spark, Python, SQL, and S3
- Design and implement scalable and efficient enterprise-grade data processing and visualization solutions for multi-tenant web applications
- Work on a highly collaborative Seattle based agile team with skilled teammates
- Develop and deploy solutions independently and as a leader on our team.
- Organize and collaborate across teams in Brightcove to scope and deliver new functionality.
- Produce high-quality, well-architected solutions with an upfront focus on testing and long-term support.
- Listen and communicate ideas effectively with respectful and responsive interactions
- Adopt a team player approach by doing what needs to be done, cheering each other on, and celebrating success
- 5+ years of experience in implementing a cloud-based application
- Track record of deploying and managing AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, EMR, SNS, SQS, and CloudFormation templates
- Ability to project manage and work within an agile, transformative environment
- Positive attitude with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working in a test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment engineering process
- A growth mindset that values continuous learning for not only yourself, but also learning together with members of your team
Please note, while the Seattle, WA location is preferred we support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
Brightcove offers a variety of perks dependent upon where you live, such as competitive compensation, restricted stock units, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO, and more! Brightcove has brand new office space in downtown Boston, Guadalajara (Mexico), and soon London. We have more offices in Funchal (Portugal), Tokyo (Japan), Singapore, Sydney (Australia), Mumbai and Chennai (India). Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities in any of our 14 offices globally.
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email [email protected].