Senior Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey (Portland, OR)
What we're looking for
Momentive is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for solving complex, challenging problems to join our Content Platform Team spread across North America. The mission of Content Platform is to provide a unified underlying framework to power all Momentive websites. We are building a backbone, including content creation & localization tools, search engine optimization, experimentation, a design system, and all related services and infrastructure.
- Support and improve a secure, scalable, and highly available platform using technologies such as Node.js, React, Docker, Varnish, and modern PHP
- Help grow our business and international presence by optimizing user experience and performance and improving content management experience
- Work with product owners and stakeholders outside of engineering on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and services
- Be a key player in cross-team technical initiatives and own the technical aspects of software architecture and development
- Design and develop reusable components, write robust and testable code, define APIs, troubleshoot issues, perform code reviews, and present technology demos
- 8+ years of professional experience shipping production-quality code
- Good command of web standards, SEO principles, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility, libraries, and frameworks
- Passion for promoting best practices and engineering standards to the team, leading the adoption of new technologies, and mentoring junior developers
- Strong interest in doing code reviews, writing tech specs, collaborating within and across teams, and troubleshooting issues
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Our vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, benefits, and culture for our 1,600+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel.
We've won multiple Culture and Employee awards, including Comparably's Best Workplace for Women and Diversity, and received recognition for our forward-looking benefits policies, including best workplace for parents, vendor benefits standards, our annual holiday refresh, retirement benefits, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.