Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Developer Efficiency at Credit Karma enables our product engineering teams to build, deploy and manage their services at scale to serve our 100 million+ members. Our teams focus on the complete development life cycle which includes the CI/CD pipeline. We build internal products that engineers use to manage their code, pipelines and service management. Besides the management pieces we build products that focus on providing developer analytics and process gates via a policy engine.
Your role would be to build, innovate and improve best practices and automation at scale, develop enhancements to increase reliability and efficiency for our engineering teams. We are looking for a strong customer advocate for product engineers who can identify friction points and design solutions to address. We are looking for a candidate that has a passion for development velocity through automation and CI, desire to build deep technical expertise and enjoys the challenge of owning mission critical components. You will be working on a team that develops and owns the service management platform, automation frameworks, and other toolings that drive day to day Engineering activities.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with security, platform and product engineers to understand customer needs, pain points and drive innovations to improve reliability and efficiency while keeping a secure by design mindset
- Design and implement new features in our existing products that aim to increase developer productivity and velocity
- Identify gaps and build innovative solutions to reduce developer frictions
- Participate in code and technical reviews. Mentor and guide junior engineers
- Lead design discussions and cross functional efforts on solving Engineering-wide challenges
What’s great about the role:
- Kubernetes has largely become the defacto execution platform at Credit Karma. More than 90% of workloads at Credit Karma now run in one of our GKE clusters
- Ability to technically lead across many teams, identifying integration points between our products and help provide growth opportunities.
- Our teams make a big impact within Credit Karma Engineering, ability to help drive next-generation tools or features to increase their velocity
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience. Go or Typescript preferred.
- Experience in microservices architecture, messaging patterns, and deployment models
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and share knowledge with other engineers
- Experience in API design and building robust and extendable client/server contracts
- Passion for automation and a drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to express complex ideas in a simple manner and ability to create well thought out technical designs and rollout/migration plans for mission critical components
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems.
- Experience with writing production grade and scalable services in Go and or Typescript
- Strong understanding of deployment strategies and production infrastructure needs.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)