Senior Software Engineer at GlossGenius
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, ultra-rapidly growing company on a mission to disrupt the beauty and wellness technology space. We make powerful software that’s helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their businesses through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. We're fundamentally changing the beauty industry and disrupting legacy software solutions with our affordable, elegant and easy-to-use solution.
We launched our first product in 2017 and we've rapidly grown to be one of the largest brands in the beauty and wellness tech industry -serving tens of thousands of businesses across the US that have millions of end clients (i.e., consumers of beauty services) with hundreds of millions of dollars in bookings annually on our platform.
We partner with some of the biggest brands in the industry and are backed by some of the top venture capital and strategic partners in the world.
Here are some highlights that we’re proud of:
- With no sales team, our customer base has grown almost exclusively through a robust word-of-mouth channel, which speaks to the strength of the product.
- Customers are obsessed with our products
- We launched gorgeous card readers that users are RAVING about
- Scaled to facilitate hundreds of millions $ in appointments and platform activity.
- Closed deals with the nation’s largest salon partners, validating GlossGenius as an industry-leading choice.
- Named “Best of the Best Salon Software” by leading industry publication Beauty LaunchPad.
We are a team of over 90 brilliant, ambitious, super smart and talented professionals obsessed with helping our customers grow and thrive with their businesses. While our headquarters is in New York City, we have teams working across the world in a number of countries.
We're currently looking to grow our engineering team significantly and are looking to fill more than 30 new engineering positions at the company.
In this role, you will be one of the Senior engineers on one of our "product squads" where you will be responsible for delivering a number of large-scale product initiatives and will be building and owning key features, infrastructure and data that powers our platform. You will have high impact at a relatively small company for our user base. You will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors. You'll help others on your team do the same thing by providing code reviews and mentoring
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize roadmap initiatives and be involved in the product ideation process
- Taking high-level business requirements and develop the technical details behind them. Review epics and projects critically and ensure they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, well understood by the team and sized correctly for continuous deployment.
- Architect tools, services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
- Uphold GlossGenius’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You enjoy being a generalist, working on frontend, backend, and infrastructure as needed to solve problems and empower our teams to delight our users. (You don’t need to be an expert in all of these but it helps to be interested in learning about them.)
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- You love to learn - you have a track record of pursuing self directed side projects, research, or open source projects.
- You enjoy shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows.
- You have experience working directly for an international tech product company with engineering organization larger than 15 engineers building a product well beyond the MVP stage
- You have prior experience leading and owning impactful and critical technology initiatives for organizations. Must have experience in end-to-end product development from working with Product Managers to shape the product, providing feedback and design spec review with UI/UX designers, breaking work down into manageable tasks for a team using continuous deployment, testing, deployment, and monitoring
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.