Do you want to work fully remotely and be part of a culture that values independent thinking, collaboration, and diversity?
We are looking for software engineers with experience building large-scale, distributed, event-based microservices architectures.
Our tech stack includes Java, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch and RDBMS, and you will be keen to build solutions around this.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework with a passion for testing
- You will have strong opinions on microservice and event-driven architectures, able to suggest patterns and principles to improve the design
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL database modeling and design
- Experience with automated building and deploying of containerized applications on cloud infrastructures such as AWS
- BSc in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with container-related management stacks like Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps experience managing the entire lifecycle of software development, deployment, monitoring, and response
- Understanding of messaging systems and data pipelines such as Kafka
- Scaling knowledge of Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Kafka
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk management
We are organized in agile teams and you will be keen to join an organization that values close collaboration with the product teams, using our agility to automate and optimize efficiency into the business.
This position plays a key role within the anti-money laundering (AML) team. The role can be based remotely anywhere in Europe or the Americas.
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
At Jumio you have the opportunity to
- Work in a collaborative and trusting environment allowing you to turn your ideas into reality
- Be part of a strong international team, where everyone's opinion matters
- Have flexible working hours, and learning & development opportunities
- Work in a meritocracy, where you grow professionally by excelling at work
Palo Alto is Jumio's corporate HQ so has a wide range of roles and big personalities in place. It's all Head Office functions plus a strong Sales and Marketing contingent. It's where decisions get made and stuff gets done. No-one takes themselves too seriously and there's an active social side. In a recent culture survey these attributes were rated particularly highly in Jumios' Palo Alto office.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we're expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and statuses.