Senior Software Engineer at Anitian (Remote)
At Anitian we believe security can be a force for good. As such, we are on a mission to make security and compliance easy for all. We harness the power and scale of the cloud to empower developers with automated, accelerated, autonomous, and accommodating security technologies.
Anitian is a place where smart people get to be smart. When you join our team, you will enjoy a workplace of creative problem solvers who cherish intelligence, compassion, and boldness. You will also enjoy the immediate respect of industry peers, as Anitian is recognized as a thought leader in information security.Job Description
This position will be responsible for innovative software development for the Anitian product with a focus on building services with flexible design, scalability, performance, and leveraging cloud technologies.
Combining your experience as a software delivery professional with knowledge around designing with security as a first-class citizen from the start, Senior Software Engineers will be a key part of a team that is tasked to develop the next suite of products for Anitian. You will participate in design and development, make fundamental technology choices, play a core role in the team’s Agile SDLC, and ensure that the product(s) we build are efficient, scalable, and technically elegant, while also meeting key business requirements. This is a rare opportunity for you to have a large impact through action and influence in a rapidly growing team. Your technical leadership will play a critical role in Anitian Engineering, allowing you to grow and share in the company’s success.
Successful candidates will design and deliver core software features and services, coach team members, and coordinate with other internal product design and development teams.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design & delivery of small to medium scale distributed systems built against product requirements
- Mentoring team members
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of team members
- Drive feature development and delivery with a minimum of oversight
- Manage complex tasks involving delegation of work and review of work products
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience building architectures based on micro-services
- Experience designing scalable, reliable, and secure E2E services in cloud environments
- Experience with a “DevOps” philosophy and team culture of ownership
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with API design, load balancing, disaster recovery, and leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS as appropriate
- Experience with SOLID principles, common software design patterns (Gang of Four), and reusable software
- Deployment of applications onto systems with multiple versions and generations
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience with Java, Springboot, Containerization/Orchestration on common Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) a plus
Flexible Work Environment: We offer our employees flexibility in their work location. Whether you prefer to work onsite at our Beaverton, OR, headquarters office, work fully remote from your home, or a hybrid solution, we have a place for you.
Please note: All remote work must be performed within the United States.
Benefits of this position include:
- Competitive compensation package, including stock options.
- Four weeks of PTO per year with additional PTO earned with years of service.
- Eleven paid holidays.
- We offer competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, EAP, life insurance and disability benefits.
- 401K retirement plan, up to 4% matching.
- Professional development reimbursement program.
- Internet Subsidy
- For more information about working with Anitian, please visit our careers page.
- Anitian participates in E-Verify. More information available here.