Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
We are looking for a few great software engineers to join our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, and experimenting with Machine Learning/AI, TechnologyAdvice may be the right next step in your career. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, or possibly playing a game or two of ping-pong. We are a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
How You'll Contribute…
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Author and maintains design documentation
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
What You Bring…
- 3+ years of experience building software
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cohesive Agile Scrum team environment
- Ability to learn new business processes or application nuances quickly
- Experience programming with modern web applications frameworks such as Vue.js or similar (React, Angular 2+)
- Experience with data processing and RESTful APIs in Python or PHP. Laravel experience is a plus
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and approaches
- Familiarity with Linux (Bash), Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
- PHP / Laravel and Python
- Docker and Kubernetes
Why You Want Us...
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options - your choice!
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Monthly fitness membership reimbursement
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Bucket List Benefit: We’ll financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Ongoing career development meetings, professional development opportunities, and incentives
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and moreI think we ad
- In-office coffee, snacks, ping pong, beer on Fridays, and catered lunches 4 days/week
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.