Fandom is the largest Fan platform in the world with over 2.5 billion page views and 300 million users a month! Our Community Platform underlies some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others.
Example challenges you might get involved with at Fandom include near real-time processing of multiple events generated by our Fans or our algorithms based on content and social feeds. Imagine the scale of such events coming from a 300 million user base. Others might require processing TB of data to find patterns in users behavior for better content or AD serving.
On a daily basis you will work in a Scrum environment in a team of up to 7 engineers working autonomously on the part of our platform. We expect that you will also drive more junior team members in a road to technical excellence with better design and coding. You will get support from our Platform and DevOps teams handling our runtime environment and Data Engineering and Data Science teams handling our data, analysis and ML stacks.
- Design, develop products and larger part of the systems owned by your team.
- Design, spike and develop systems in an Agile process.
- Able to take ownership of subsystem or component design and delivery.
- Analyze TB of data to get answers, prove hypotheses or just check how a new feature is performing.
- Ensure that your team delivers high quality code using code reviews on a daily basis
- Take an active part and lead some of the product design and build processes.
- Own what you build!
- Mastered more than one technology stack
- Designed and developed not only features but whole systems or platforms
- Passion software craftsmanship and delivering well structured and readable code
- Experience with working on highly scalable applications
- Proven track record in working on hard problems or complex tasks
- Eye on software performance and quality
- Courage for learning new technologies and techniques and introducing them in the team
- Experience in mentoring or leading junior engineers
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- DevOps experience using Docker, k8s, Cloud or any other toolset
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
- MacBook Pro or other laptop and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to many popular online courses (Udemy and others) and books sponsored by our company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Company stock options
- Company swag packages
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- VTO (Voluntary Time Off) - a day off every quarter for volunteering non-profit
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours & time-off
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by us
- Open and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.