Senior Software Engineer at Fond (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:45 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Fond is a SaaS platform that seamlessly consolidates employee rewards and recognition processes into one easy-to-use solution. With Fond, employees and managers can recognize each other, redeem rewards, access exclusive corporate discounts, and measure success so HR departments spend less time managing programs and more time driving results. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Weight Watchers, Instacart, plus hundreds of others. Fond is a Y Combinator W12 company and funded by investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
We’re looking for an experienced, product-minded Senior Software Engineer to expand our team. As a SaaS product, it’s most important that the engineering team empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mind. We utilize microservices that are primarily in Ruby on Rails with a React frontend. We also build native iOS and Android apps.
Fond is headquartered in Portland, but we operate as a fully remote team. Our ideal candidate will be in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
- Work as part of a collaborative, Agile team utilizing Scrum
- Primary responsibilities include enhancements, additions, and fixes to our core application stack built on Ruby on Rails with a MySQL database
- Collaborate with Frontend, DevOps, and QA teams
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value to more companies
- Pair with other Engineers to mentor and/or learn the various facets to the dev stack
- 4+ years of building and delivering production-quality web application development
- Senior level experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework and language
- RDBMS usage (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Unit and automated testing experience (e.g. RSpec, Selenium, Cypress)
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- Strong software design pattern skills for producing modular, yet performant code
- Ability to empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mind
- Experience building in an agile setting with code reviews and quality as a priority
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- Amazon Web Services, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- SDET/QA experience
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- Macbook Pro or similar Linux laptop
The Hiring Process - An overview of what to expect
- Step 1: Phone Interview — After you submit your initial application, we’ll review it and reach out to candidates who seem like a good fit to schedule a 45-minute initial phone interview. On this call, we’ll discuss your past experience and learn more about your professional goals.
- Step 2: Video Interviews and Code Challenge — We’ll send you a code challenge to review and get a head start on ahead of the interview. The first video interview will be with two members of our engineering team during which you’ll work on and review the challenge together. Following that, you’ll have another video interview with two more engineers from different parts of the team
- Step 3: Meet Fond’s CEO and Product Team — Your last round of interviews will include a video interview with Fond’s Product / Design team, as well as a final video interview with our CEO. You will have the chance to gain a deeper understanding of Fond’s product, core values, and company roadmap.
- Step 4: Offer — If we believe you’d be a good fit at Fond, we will make you an offer we hope you’ll accept!
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
More Information on Fond
Fond operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Portland, OR. Fond was founded in 2012. It has 54 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and 401(K). To see all jobs at Fond, click here.
Read Full Job Description