GiveCampus is the world's leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,000+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have been profitable and cash flow positive since 2016, which has empowered us to stay laser-focused on the value we deliver to our customers. While we operate at meaningful scale (we facilitated more than $500 million in philanthropy in 2021), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us and every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory.
Our purpose-driven team of 60+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We're looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We are looking for a brilliant and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join GiveCampus and help us take the platform to the next level. You will be a key member of our team, making technical decisions that will shape the company’s future. You will hit the ground running with our stack and you are someone who loves to brainstorm, write code, create new features, and have a big impact. We are headquartered in Washington, DC, and are hiring both in-office and remote (US).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on the full stack, from UI elements to database performance.
- Building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, testing, and supporting in production.
- Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base.
- participating in the 24/7 oncall rotation
Key attributes that may assist in your success
- Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
- Experience balancing swift and long-term code maintainability.
Helpful - but not required, skills:
- Deep expertise with Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Postgres database administration.
- Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
- Operations experience and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues.
- Experience working on a fundraising/crowdfunding platform.
- Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
- A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.
At GiveCampus, we value diversity and we pledge to foster an environment of support, inclusivity, and learning, both on the job and throughout the application process. In this spirit, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
GiveCampus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome often get in the way of connecting with incredible people, and we don't want them to prevent us from meeting you.
More Information on GiveCampus
GiveCampus operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA. GiveCampus was founded in 2014. It has 47 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Remote Work Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Days. To see all 13 open jobs at GiveCampus, click here.
Read Full Job Description