Senior Software Engineer, VPN (MX) at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, wireless access, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Senior VPN Engineer, you will initially focus on delivering high-quality VPN solutions, and fixes for regressions and customer issues with our SD-WAN and Security device firmware. You identify and eliminate technical debt and code smells, accelerating release of our latest VPN features to customers. As you mature in your knowledge of our codebase, you will be responsible for improving and re-architecting existing components and subsystems, as well as developing new features to support the future growth of the product, both in terms of functionality, simplicity, scalability, and availability. Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. You’ll have the opportunity to work across teams to design features and systems to solve complex problems for our customers. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day it is deployed.You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Fluency in C or C++
- 5+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- A strong knowledge of VPN solutions (Site-to-site VPN, Client VPN, SSL VPN)
- A good understanding in networking foundations (LANs, routing, switching, wireless)
- Experience developing and implementing crypto algorithms (AES, SHA, RSA)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux and/or embedded systems environment
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel and userspace
- Deep understanding of security protocols (IPsec, SSL/TLS, IKE)
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. Web applications, VPN service)
- Experience with crypto hardware (QAT), performance analysis and tuning
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.