Senior Software Engineer, Virtual Network Functions - Remote at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, security appliances, wireless access, sensors, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Virtual Network Functions, you will be part of a growing cross-functional team that is enriching the Meraki portfolio to include cloud-based networking and security delivered as a service to our customers for our own data centers. You will have impact by contributing to software that is part of a massive distributed system of embedded network devices and cloud services deployed around the globe. Your code will run from the cloud to the data center to the branch, underpinning the services that keep millions of networks running, freeing our customers to focus on what is most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making IT and security easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Fluency in C, C++, Go, Rust
- 5+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel and user space
- Foundational IP networking knowledge
- Linux kernel development
- High speed networking dataplane development experience (VPP, eBPF, P4, DPDK)
- Experience with container orchestration
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Experience developing and implementing routing protocols (BGP/OSPF, VPN, IPv4/IPv6)
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
- Experience working with version control, specifically Git
- Experience with Yocto
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That's a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from diverse backgrounds.
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose and Chicago. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.