Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.Job Description
As a Senior Software Engineer In Test, you will work on test automation for products across Daxko. You will collaborate with developers and testers across different products in order to build sufficient test automation. In addition, you will build automation tools and frameworks from the ground up and help other teams design and build new frameworks. You should be able to contribute to any automation effort across Daxko.
The Senior Software Engineer In Test reports to the Software Test Manager.
You will also:
- Build new test automation frameworks
- Contribute to and maintain existing automation tests and frameworks
- Provide the product teams with the best/most effective tools in order to deliver high-quality software
- Build the product teams confidence in test automation
- Prioritize the most valuable work to be done (adding new tests vs beefing up existing ones, refactoring framework, etc.)
- Guide the product teams in helping determine what needs test coverage and at what level (unit, integration, end to end)
- Come up with creative and innovative solutions to complex testing problems
- Assist with building and maintaining testing environments
- Research new testing technologies and tools
- Teach less experienced testers about test automation and mentor other Software Engineers in Test
- Learn from more experienced developers in order to improve
- Expected to help with manual test efforts as determined by current business priorities
- Associate degree (or another 2-year degree) or Coding Bootcamp with education in Information Technology and Computer Science
- Five (5+) plus years of relevant experience
- Experience testing web technologies
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Experience building a test automation suite (UI and API)
- Experience building tools/scripts to help testers (Automation in Testing)
- Friendly attitude and collaborative spirit
- Strong passion for quality and excellence
- Solid programming principles
- Highly organized, methodical, terrific problem solver, and great communicator
- Skilled at writing good automation tests
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Curiosity, ability to learn new things quickly, and the ability to think outside the box, ability to code
- Ability to analyze a product to determine scenarios that should be automated
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience testing web-based applications
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL
- Experience with Session-Based or Exploratory Testing techniques
- Experience with performance, load, and stress testing
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments