Senior Software Engineer in Test (QAE) at The Walt Disney Company (New York City, NY)
- Work closely with Software Engineers to understand the complex ecosystem in place at Disney
- Develop automated test frameworks and suites on UI, API, and Integration levels of testing using python or other OO language
- Participate in design discussions for our platform to help evolve the platform in a way that enables richer testing scenarios that simplify defect detection and prevention
- Assist with triage, diagnosis, and resolution of issues discovered across teams.
- Contribute to end-to-end acceptance tests
- Where necessary, develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automated means
- Drive the conversion of manual tests to automated whenever possible
- Part of product teams in building architectures which are robust, fault-tolerant, and cloud- native. Builds solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users. Influences and drives software engineering best practices within the team
- Technically lead and deliver multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology while reviewing team members code. Participates in developing technical and/or business approaches; and new/enhanced technical tools.
- Owns the design of software programs or systems within the team, and within the organization. Writes codes that establishes and enhances frameworks. Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability. Builds solutions that scale and perform. Identifies opportunities to improve the system/product/services with each iteration.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software test development experience, including both functional and non-functional test development
- Passion around driving best practices in the testing space
- Proficiency with Python or other OO language
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Experience building or improving test automation frameworks.
- Proficiency CICD integration and pipeline development in Jenkins, Spinnaker or other similar tools.
- Proficiency in UI automation (Selenium, Robot, Watir)
- Experience in Gherkin (BDD /TDD)
- Willingness to take challenges head-on while being part of a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study and/or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position is $107,256 to $165,440 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.