GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced software engineer to be part of our Flex Engineering team. This team’s mission is to provide capacity to help ensure delivery of the company’s top priorities.
The Senior Backend Flex Engineer will be responsible for development and maintenance of backend services and APIs that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of new or existing services and APIs needed to support new product functionality. You’ll also be collaborating with other engineering teams within GoodRx.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, mobile, apps, operations)
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Strong experience in Go, Java and/or Python
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Strong Linux fundamentals (comfortable in shell environments)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Can take complex project requirements and turn it into a detailed technical implementation plan
- First-hand understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Experience in continuous delivery and integration
- Knowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred (BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation)
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.