Senior Software Engineer - Simulation at rideOS (Pittsburgh, PA)
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:23 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
rideOS is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Gopuff. We are responsible for driving innovation in Gopuff’s delivery optimization, fulfillment center operations, and other strategic initiatives. Collectively, our goal is to accelerate Gopuff’s mission to make daily life effortless.
As pioneers and industry-leaders of the "Instant Needs" category, Gopuff is the go-to solution for consumer’s immediate everyday needs, aiming to complete all deliveries within 30 minutes. Gopuff makes delivering grocery, home, baby & pet essentials and over-the-counter medications easy and affordable for everyone.
We are looking for a simulation engineer who is passionate about developing technology for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with other engineers to design and build advanced, scalable mapping and transportation-related applications. You will drive the development of our internal Simulation Platform, that we use to evaluate real world data from customers and test new features and optimization improvements. Since the Simulation Platform integrates with all of our products, you will get a chance to work with a wide range of teams.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in Java
- Strong algorithm fundamentals
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Monitoring the health of our services and bug fixing
- Located or willing to commute to our office in Pittsburgh
- Experience writing simulations
- Experience with multi-agent systems
- Experience in game development
- Experience in the mobility, ride-sharing, or autonomous driving industry
- Experience building services and applications at high throughput
- Equity in a well-funded ($3.4b), rapidly-growing startup (Gopuff)
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
At rideOS, we place a strong emphasis on our culture, diversity, and employee wellbeing. We are proud to maintain our small startup hustle while also enjoying the benefits and excitement of Gopuff’s hypergrowth. Come join us to be a part of accelerating our collective mission. rideOS is an e-verified company.
More Information on rideOS
rideOS operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. rideOS was founded in 2017. It has 42 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all jobs at rideOS, click here.
Read Full Job Description