Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
Socure is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Services team.
This is a remote position based in the US. If you are a phenomenal problem solver, looking for cutting-edge technical and business challenges with a team of experienced professionals and game changes, making a major impact in the Identity Verification realm, we look forward to hearing from you - apply today!
- Work cross functionally with various teams across Socure to define, design, deliver and operate an integrated, opinionated platform that makes backend engineers incredibly productive.
- Design and implementation of our next generation of microservice platform, with rock solid common services and components to fulfill cross-cutting features.
- Work closely with the product teams to understand their pain points and needs, then use this data to help define the short and long term roadmap for the platform.
- Enabling the product engineering and infrastructure teams to manage their own services end to end in a consistent way (framework, release process, capacity planning, observability and so on)
- Build advanced deployment automation allowing us to rapidly bootstrap the complete environment in different contexts (multi region, multi cloud, QA and local machines).
- Forge and prompt a consistent technology strategy, framework and engineering process across the company through collaboration.
- Define and decide the right tools and integrate them into the platform for all aspects of an industry first-class cloud service.
- Develop a complete disaster recovery plan for our microservice platform.
- Define the standards and tools needed to guarantee the security of the microservice platform.
- Help define and maintain the highest quality of code through reusable libraries and frameworks.
- Work closely with product engineering and infrastructure teams
- Responsible for gathering and understanding requirements from team lead
- Responsible for owning feature level design
- Responsible for owning Implementation
- Responsible for supporting operating including incident handling
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle software development
- Strong skills in more than one of the following:
Java / Scala / GoLang / Python
- Experience in microservices and/or distributed systems
- Experienced in any of the following cloud platforms: AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure.
- Experience building and maintaining SaaS platforms at scale, guaranteeing high throughput, availability, low latency and security.
- Experience building and maintaining microservice platform (release, capacity planning, observability and so on)
- Experience with general database and data store
- Extreme aptitude to automate operational workloads.
- Comfortable providing recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
- Experience working within Agile methodologies in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.