At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Search Engine Optimization team. We are excited to onboard a developer who is passionate about user experience and website architecture. As a contributor on the team, you will help maintain and develop new solutions to monitor, analyze, and influence organic traffic on and off the Edmunds website. You will build and refactor consumer-facing web components and evangelize user experience and SEO best practices across the product and engineering teams within the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a talented group of software engineers, designers, data analysts and product managers;
- Design, build and scale business-critical systems supporting organic traffic goals;
- Build rich consumer-facing components;
- Automate operations of multiple technology stacks using cloud infrastructure and services;
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems;
- Leverage open source solutions and data science for content generation at scale.
- Build analysis and reporting pipelines to drive editorial content creation decisions
- Build API's that deliver search optimization strategies at page level
What You’ll Need:
- Experience owning end-to-end systems from the client- to server-side;
- Expert knowledge of an OO programming language such as Java or Python;
- Proficient understanding and working knowledge of databases and DB design, SQL or NoSQL;
- Working experience with web markup such as HTML5 and CSS3;
- Nice to have: experience building web pages using modern UI framework frameworks like React;
- Open to learning a cloud environment like AWS, GCP or Azure and working with Databricks or Jupitor;
- A passion to never stop learning and ideating - our stack is constantly evolving.
Why You Would Want This Job:
- Your passion drives innovation;
- You desire ownership of your systems;
- You want to influence adoption of web development best practices;
- You are looking for opportunities to mentor other engineers
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
- Flexible time off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
- 401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
- Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
- HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
- 2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
- FitCast covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
- Well-being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
- On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
- Pet insurance
- Sabbatical Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.