Senior Software Engineer- Security Team, Java at Graylog, Inc. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:05 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Graylog is an award-winning centralized log management and SIEM (Security Information Event Management) solution that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations, and DevOps. Our enterprise solution enables organizations globally to capture, store, and analyse terabytes of machine data in near-real time while our open project which has been deployed in more than 50,000 installations worldwide, empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We're a remote friendly company with locations in Hamburg, Munich, London, Boulder, and headquarters in Houston, TX. If you live near an office and want to be part of said office great. Nearish to an office and want to have the ability to hot desk? No problem and if you're not near an office and wish to work remotely, all good!
With the success of current and past, Graylog continues to invest in our people and as such we're growing in almost every business area globally. Several recent achievements for Graylog have been inclusion in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Gold 2021 Stevie Winner, and most recently won the Most Innovative Central Log Management Award from Cyber Defence Magazine (CDM) at this year’s RSA conference.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join our security development team during an exciting period of growth. We’re on a mission to make the world and it’s data more efficient and secure.
As a Senior Software Engineer here at Graylog you will own the design, coding, and testing of new features which expand Graylog’s utility as a part of our customers’ operations and security infrastructure. Our security development team builds features to help our customers perform security event detection and investigation on their terabytes of log data.
You’ll be comfortable working in a Unix/ Linux development environment and used to working with distributed version control software (we use Git and GitHub).
We are a happy, driven, and productive team working as a distributed/remote team and regularly collaborate with one another via Slack, Zoom, etc.
Collaboration across your immediate team as well as the wider business is crucial to the success of your role and you’ll occasionally work with anyone from our customer support team to uncover the root cause of our customers issues, sales engineering, and marketing staff to enable them to tell the world how awesome the latest thing you’ve built is!
This position can be based anywhere in the US and will report to our US Engineering Team Lead.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Own the design and implementation of new user-facing features in the Graylog Security application.
- Provide clean, maintainable, self-documenting code (where possible, appropriately commented elsewhere) covered by meaningful Junit tests.
- Use modern language features like lambdas, streams (but also know when you could use just a simple loop).
- Collaborate and partner with Product Management to ideate on new features and propose technical approaches to solve our customers problems.
- Work within our large existing code base that is split between Open Source and Enterprise modules.
- Learn how our customers use Graylog in order to better understand their needs and improve on overall user experience and utility.
- Deliver new Graylog security features which are shipped to our customers, provide code reviews for your teammates, and time/ scope estimations to plan accordingly.
Here’s a flavor of the environment here at Graylog;
- Java, OpenSeach/ Elasticsearch and MongoDB on Linux
- Maven, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
Little bit about you;
- Previous professional software development experience.
- Experience producing high- quality Java-based application code.
- You will be comfortable and confident working in distributed version control software (we use Git and GitHub).
- You’ll know when and how to use feature branches, how to merge back to main, and do not mind resolving the occasional merge conflict.
- Working knowledge of Unix/ Linux development environment
- High sense of pride and attention to detail in writing secure, readable, maintainable code.
- As we’re a remote/ distributed team you’ll be proactive in your approach, actively curious, and understand the importance of collaboration across your stakeholders utilizing internal communication resources (we’re big fans of Slack).
Just some of the reasons why to join Graylog;
- Opportunity to work with a globally distributed and diverse team
- Grow and develop professionally and personally in a fast growing environment
- Choice of latest equipment to help you succeed
- Monthly allowance to support your commute costs and support outfitting your work from home environment
Here at Graylog, you'll find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of our customers with the best solution and customer service available.
Openness- As a global company, we encourage our people to bring their backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives to our collective work. We lead with integrity and are committed to doing what is best for the Graylog community.
Collaboration- Through mutual respect, trust, and candid communication across all teams, we deliver the best ideas and results.
Useful Innovation- We take calculated risks to find new ways to innovate. By continuously improving ourselves, processes, and technologies, we deliver the best solution for our customers.
Ownership- As owners, we take the initiative to solve internal and external problems while supporting peer success and holding ourselves accountable for delivering the best work. We do this from a place of high trust.
Do the Right Thing!- Comfort and safety come from knowing that everyone will do the right thing, even when nobody's looking.
For further information please submit an application and a member of the Graylog People Team will be in touch.
More Information on Graylog, Inc.
Graylog, Inc. operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Graylog, Inc. was founded in 2009. It has 84 total employees. To see all 3 open jobs at Graylog, Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description