Telesign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today's unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for will analyze, design, develop and implement a suite of APIs, modules, and features, as well as modifying and maintaining existing applications in response to business and technology needs. The senior role involves performing leadership roles and filling the spot of the team manager when not available if needed.
What you'll do:
- Create and maintain REST APIs and associated microservices
- Manage data privacy and security features across all services
- Produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of the lifecycle of software process and in code reviews
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of high-quality, available, and scalable software modules in each product or software component
- Collaborate within and across groups with little or no supervision in writing functional and design documents, development schedules and user interface documents
- Participate in generating engineering test plans from functional specification documents
- Interact with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work closely with team's manager, and may act as manager or technical lead for a large portion of a project
- Work within a scrum team and follow SDLC
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience with REST API development
- 4+ years of software development on cloud solutions (AWS preferred) in an enterprise setting
- Experience with AWS S3, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudWatch and ElasticSearch (or equivalents).
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Fluent in SQL.
- A solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git.
- Prior experience with Docker
- Experience with Python
- Good understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Basic familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- Self-learner with good problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data and low latency microservices architectures
- 4+ years developing cloud-based, scalable ETL systems.
- Experience with scaling and optimizing web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication and performance profiling and forecasting.
- Experience with Cloud Networking, Observability, Alerting, Athena, and AWS Step Functions.
- Familiarity with CICD in cloud services, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with NoSQL storage, and their strengths and weaknesses (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: biannually performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)