The Agent Flow Engineering team is responsible for building customer self-service features as well as agent-facing platforms that integrate with nearly every system across Affirm. We are committed to using exciting new technologies and building powerful platforms. The goal of the team is to provide the best possible experience to customers and agents while simultaneously reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and effectively, enabling our users to either self-serve or get direct help from our customer service agents.
Affirm is growing fast and we're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help guide the team to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product and engineering managers to work on projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Work with tech lead to drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality code
- 3+ years Salesforce development and/or architect experience with large servicing cloud solution
- Salesforce developer/architect/admin certifications are pluses
- 3+ years of experience working in Scrum or other Agile methodology
- Experienced working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team.
- Experienced in developing systems in a service-oriented architecture preferred but not required.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.