Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails (Remote) at DailyPay, Inc. (New York City, NY)
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
*DailyPay is officially recognized as a phenomenal place to work in the US!
We believe that APIs represent a special epicenter of any SAAS business. By building great APIs, we seek to unlock the full power of the DailyPay stack, inspire our partners with innovation potential, make the developer and user experiences delightful, and offer leadership to the business with a unique perspective—a perspective of precisely what happens at the boundary between the DailyPay engine and the outside world.
We are parents, pet lovers, programmers, campers, dressmakers and photographers, but we are united by a set of shared core values.
You’ll work alongside team members to deliver a high quality product, experimenting, learning, and adjusting as you go. Along your journey to help us continue to build a great team and deliver real business value, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, evaluating and building robust, secure and performance API features and capabilities.
- Refining code, so it is secure and optimized for scalability, maintainability, and availability.
- Promoting good practices.
- Coaching and mentoring engineers on technical practices and principles.
- Partnering with product, clients and engineers to understand the broader view and requirements to optimally break down problems.
- Collaborating with the team on refinement of stories and tasks.
- Solving problems that are called out to the team.
Intelligent, motivated and thoughtful? Keep reading.
As a Senior Engineer on the API team you should have the following:
- Proficiency programming in Ruby languages
- At least 4 years developing, maintaining, testing and scaling web applications in an MVC framework.
- Experience and knowledge of architecture patterns including APIs, microservices, streaming, security and observability.
- Organized and focused, you see the big picture when it comes to designing, planning and delivering a feature from start to finish, whether as a team or independently.
- Taking pride in your work, you have experience applying strategies to deliver with quality in mind.
- Critical eye and a curious nature, you are able to methodically dig into and resolve problems.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
No sponsorship is available for this position.
DailyPay does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, DailyPay requires all colleagues holding in-office positions, or who will be attending any in-person company meetings, be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus unless there is a documented and approved medical or religious accommodation. As a condition of employment, prior to your start date, you will be required to submit proof of your vaccine status.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We welcome people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission*. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to [email protected]. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
*DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.