Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
The D&B Connect Team is looking for accomplished and highly motivated software engineers to join our organization and build world-class, state-of-the-art cloud computing solutions. We develop big data software that provides our customers with deep insights into their business data and enables customers to efficiently organize and curate this data. Our product leverages Machine Learning predictive engines to advise customers in making the best business decisions in the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Risk, Compliance, and Government domains. Our software products are built on a state-of-the-art technology stack of SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) microservices and big data pipelines built with Hadoop and Spark on Amazon AWS Cloud services.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing cutting-edge SaaS products. You can expect to be working in a stimulating, collaborative environment focused on continuous improvement within an agile development process, where developers are responsible for end-to-end working software. You should feel confident in your development skills and also open to diverse opinions so that you can make the decisions on how to build our best solutions. Our culture is built on mentorship, so you should be prepared to learn from others and also teach others.
More on D&B Connect: https://bit.ly/3Ad54XR
- Develop highly reliable and scalable production web applications and data processing systems
- Create novel solutions to challenging software engineering problems for pivotal company projects
- Learn and leverage new programming languages, design methodologies, and technologies
- Participate in all steps of the agile software development process – gathering requirements, planning, designing, coding, testing, QA’ing, deploying, bug fixing, and maintaining
- Demonstrate leadership by independently designing solutions, reviewing code, helping junior team members, making technical decisions, and taking responsibility for getting things done
- Work on a collaborative cross-functional team including product management, UX design, project management, UI and back end engineers, quality assurance, and operations
- Assist in building the team by participating in recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring
- 5+ years in back-end development in Java, Spring, web technologies, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of databases design and optimization techniques
- Proven experience building software in a microservices architecture and API design
- Prowess in building large scale distributed systems for big data analysis and processing
- Expertise in building and operating SaaS solutions, managing multitenant solutions
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of CS Fundamentals – object-oriented programming & design, data structures, algorithms, computational complexity, databases, and software engineering principles
Desired experience in the following (but not required):
- Industry experience developing, testing, and releasing production software
- HTTP/JSON web application, microservice, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) design
- REST & CRUD API development, Java Spring Framework, SQL & NoSQL database design, and JDBC
- Big data, data processing pipelines, or ETL (extract, transform, load) systems
- MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Cascading, Flume, Flink, Yarn, and similar technologies
- Amazon AWS (or other) cloud technologies: EMR, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, ECS, EC2
- Software test design and development; unit, functional, deployment, and end-to-end testing
- CI/CD environments, Jenkins, JUnit, TestNG, or similar testing and QA frameworks
- Exposure to Agile/Sprint/Scrum software development practices
- Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure
- 100% paid parental leave after one year
- Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members
- Education assistance and extensive training resources
- Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching
- Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching
- Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership
- Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents
- Learn more about our benefits: https://bit.ly/2VwyKQt !
FOR US APPLICANTS - Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
More Information on Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Short Hills, NJ, Center Valley, PA and New York, NY. Dun & Bradstreet was founded in 2022. It has 5353 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 139 open jobs at Dun & Bradstreet, click here.
Read Full Job Description