Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
Taskrabbit is growing and as we scale and expand the business, we need access to robust data that allows us to streamline collection, process at scale, and establish multiple downstream integrations to leverage data for data-driven decision making.
The Marketing Technology (MarTech) & Analytics team sits at the intersection of Engineering, Data, and Marketing and is key in making Taskrabbit a data-driven company. Our mission is to provide access to accurate, timely, and reliable data to help drive customer growth. It’s all about engaging the right person, at the right time, with the right message, via the right channel.
As a Senior React Native Engineer you'll be a technical leader on our team, proposing creative solutions and bringing engineering principles and practices to the data collection pipeline. Your structured approach to problem solving will help us create understandable and maintainable code and systems. You will use your skills and experience to guide and mentor fellow engineers as well as working closely with Product, Marketing, and Data leaders to make smart technical choices.
Our engineering team uses React Native for our mobile applications, React.js and Next.js on the web frontend, and Ruby on Rails on the backend. Our events and data pipeline includes Segment, Snowflake, AppsFlyer, Mixpanel, and Iterable. We're looking for an engineer who is excited to help implement event tracking in our mobile applications and manage that data through the entire analytics lifecycle, delivering tangible value for the business.
Join us in changing lives, one task at a time!
What You’ll Work On:
- Architect and implement systems to track application events, metrics, and data to allow real-time analysis of user behavior to drive business decisions.
- Integrate existing web and mobile applications with our event tracking and data systems.
- Help define and standardize data collection technical best practices to ensure integrity, reliability, and maintainability.
- Take part in discovery sessions with cross-functional teams to explore and understand enterprise data requirements of analytics projects.
- Contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback, and commenting on other approaches.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers, helping guide their technical growth.
- Evangelize and conduct training on metric, event, and data systems and best practices throughout the organization.
- Be a part of the the teams on-call rotation.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with all parts of the mobile development lifecycle, including testing (via Jest and/or Detox) and release management.
- Have a robust understanding of software design principles and how to write clean code. You know how to organize code across the stack and have strong opinions on code structure.
- Enjoy sharing your experience and technical knowledge to help other engineers grow through pairing, thorough code reviews, and collaboration in a remote work environment.
- Can communicate technical concerns and decisions clearly and proactively, simplified as necessary for cross-functional audiences.
- You value knowing “why” and are comfortable partnering with external stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these to technical requirements.
- Have experience being accountable for features or applications end-to-end – through planning, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Event-driven architecture experience
- History in working with Customer Data Platforms (CDP), preferably Segment, and integrating CDPs with other tools (e.g. Optimizely).
- A background web analytics, instrumentation such as Google Analytics and Kafka.
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Great attention to detail and focus on code quality.
Compensation & Benefits
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $115,000 - $160,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.