Senior Software Engineer (Python/Go/Kubernetes) at Canonical (Portland, OR)
Canonical aims to deliver the world's best open source portfolio of integrated, secure and reliable software to the telecommunications industry. The team is seeking an experienced engineer with significant professional experience in Python and Go. We're building software operators that can be deployed on bare-metal, public cloud, private cloud and Kubernetes.
Help the growing engineering team at Canonical bring the cutting edge of open source software into the telecommunications sector. As a senior engineer on the team, you'll bring significant software engineering experience, public cloud and Kubernetes experience and a keen eye for software design and architecture.
You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development process: you will design software, write high-quality code and tests, provide insightful code reviews, write documentation and help to troubleshoot issues.. This more senior role will also entail mentoring other members of the team and being an advocate for the team’s efforts inside and outside of the company.
In addition to the engineering behind the project itself, you'll have the chance to work with industry-leading teams inside Canonical, ensuring your work is backed by rock-solid data stores, and highly observable using our Kubernetes-based Observability stack.Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You have significant software engineering experience with Python or Go
- You have experience deploying software in various environments like Linux and Kubernetes
- You have experience performing the various life-cycle activities of software (like scaling, upgrading and migrating)
- You have experience with infrastructure automation using tools like Juju, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You relish the opportunity to work for one of the pioneering firms in open source
- You're able to travel for 2-4 weeks per year
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.