Custops Engineering (CONG) builds rich, modern applications, services and integrations that power the Customer Support operations of Squarespace. Our success is measured by Customer Operations ability to deliver fast, accurate, and reliable service to our customers. We work with teams across the company to define and solve complex problems.
You will report directly to the Team Lead. This can be a full-time remote position OR be located in either our New York or Dublin office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll get to...
- Work with other engineers, building custom, high-quality solutions for Customer Operations
- Learn new languages, data stores, and other technologies
- Mentor and learn from other engineers through code and architecture reviews, technical discussions and pair coding
- Improve our tech stack and architecture
Who we are looking for...
- 7+ years of experience
- Strong Object-oriented development skills
- Solid foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures and software design practices
- Strong experience using different types of data stores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Experience mentorship by code reviews and technical discussions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with stakeholders, product owners and users
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.