Senior Software Engineer-PSA, C#,ASP.NET at Datto, Inc. (Rochester, NY)
As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to Senior Manager, Software Engineering PSA.
Does This Describe You:
Datto is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer for one of our software engineering teams working on the Autotask product. We are looking for a passionate and experienced software engineer who wants to work in a highly collaborative team environment. As a Senior Software Engineer you will design and develop front-end, middle-tier and backend applications on the Microsoft stack to deliver high quality experiences to our customers.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Work on an agile engineering team developing maintainable and scalable code for the Autotask product
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test and deploy software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers
- Communicate with quality assurance and documentation to ensure application changes are well understood
- Participate in full-stack web development
- Create technical design documentation, estimates, and plans for software projects
- Create and execute unit test plans
- Review code and provide constructive feedback
- Communicate status, progress, and issues to management
- Learn new technologies and apply them to solve difficult problems
- BS/MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience developing and delivering reliable and maintainable software as a service on a Microsoft stack
- Experience with following:
- C#, ASP.NET
- Relational databases (MSSQL preferred)
- API development (REST or gRPC preferred)
- Git version control
- Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Unit testing concepts & frameworks
- Proficient in object-oriented design and development
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Effective problem solving and communication skills
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Access to more than 5,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace App
- Charity match program
- A dynamic and socially active work culture, including Employee Resource Groups
- Networking and career development opportunities
- And more!
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.