Senior Software Engineer, Ordering and Reporting (274) at Invitae
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people join our team.About our team:
Invitae needs experienced engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to help us achieve our mission - provide genetic information to billions of people. We are a multi-functional team of scientific domain specialists and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take extensive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world’s scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.What you will do:
- Help define and build new features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Write structured, tested, readable and maintainable code.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Lead technical efforts for internal or external customer needs.
- Support your teammates by continuing to learn and grow.
- 5 years of software development experience
- Validated experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems.
- Experience in one of the following languages and frameworks:
- Kotlin/Spring Boot
- A mission-oriented demeanor and a desire to never stop learning.
- Experience with SQL databases. Tuning and query optimization experience is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka and Debezium
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.