Senior Software Engineer- Node.JS at LivePerson
Live Person is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
- You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- You can build partnerships that move our business forward
- You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
- You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
- You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
- You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are looking for a savvy Senior Software Engineer to help us build and maintain our team’s analytics-based web applications. You’ll be working on a range of services designed to deliver our brands with insights and analytics, from consumer intent-driven analytics, to conversational cloud performance optimization.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced front-end engineer with an eye for detail and is passionate about delighting consumers with an amazing user experience. They should also be experienced with developing backend APIs and services and enjoy designing and implementing end-to-end systems.
The candidate will collaborate with other software developers, data engineers, and data scientists on a wide range of cutting-edge web-apps, services and conversational AI features. They will also be experienced working closely with our product and design teams to execute on a product roadmap,and can translate complex UI and business requirements into a highly performant, scalable and reliable system.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain scalable web applications with interactive and reactive UI with Angular (latest) and VueJS
- Develop NodeJS backend services using RESTful API conventions
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automating manual processes, optimizing data flows, and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and stability.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Engineering duties include technical design, implementation, testing, support and participation in peer code reviews.
- Collaborate and interact with multiple engineering and Product teams for the end-to-end implementation of new tools and applications.
- 8+ years of experience in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI
- 5+ years of experience in development of Microservices, RESTful API, backend systems
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field.
- Extensive experience in NodeJS
- Experience BackendFrameworks NodeJS, Express, NestJS
- Experience Frontend Web Frameworks - Angular/Vue
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - GIT, Docker and Kubernetes
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative global environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.